Do you love to eat but are afraid of your increasing weight? Here, we have some healthy dinner ideas and recipes, which would not only be a treat for your taste buds also a healthy food for your body.
Healthy Dinner Ideas and Tips:
- Eating in proportions: Increase your vegetable, salads, beans and fruit intake, cutting the intake of high-calorie foods like cheese, butter, meat, fish, etc.
- Opt for juices as beverages instead of going with heavy cream smoothies or sundaes and alcoholic beverage. You can save a lot of calories through this.
- You can also go for sweetened yoghurt for desserts.
- Wisely select your dressing. Avoid cream based dressing always go for vinegar based dressing.
- If you are going for a dinner at a restaurant try avoiding appetizers, especially when they are fried foods. Sometimes these appetizers are more calories containing than your main course dish. Surprised??
- Don’t over eat. If you have food left after your dinner pack them in an airtight sealed bag and refrigerate.
- Instead of fried meat prefer grilled ones. Sauté your vegetables in a lesser amount of oil.
- Make sure you have plenty of water.
- Prefer olive oil to butter.
Here are a few dishes, which can be good healthy dinner ideas for your family:
- Egg White Omelet and Vegetables
- Broccoli Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Gnocchi and Leek Bake
- Chicken with Lime
- Chicken Sandwich
“Basically, though, I believe in eating well, not eating too much but eating a variety of foods.”
This holds true but not in case when you are running short of money. You can’t have a variety of foods at a time. However, you can opt for different kind or type, which is inexpensive as well as nutritious.
When planning a monthly food budget one may find that dinner comes out to be the most expensive meal of the day. However, running out of money or saving food resources is not a good excuse for making boring uninteresting dinner.
Often college students feel that their monthly food bill is going high, and they don’t have any idea of stopping its pace. Sticking to cheap pasta and ramen noodles is not going to help. Food can be made tasty and nutritious by using cheap ingredients or those which are available at your home.
With our ideas and tips, you can make adjustments and would get a superb dinner ready.
A gathering where a group or each member brings a dish or food which is to be shared among the people attending the dinner is the Potluck Dinner
In our busy schedules, these potluck dinners are ideal. This type of dinner promises a meal of diverse foods. It can also initiate conversations among people as it is seen that a person is always interested to know what and how the other person has cooked his dish.