What do you cook when you don’t have your family or friends around at Thanksgiving? Not celebrating Thanksgiving isn’t a good option. However, you can check out our site for few traditional recipes, which give mouthwatering and easy Thanksgiving dinner for two.
Eating Thanksgiving leftovers for the whole week is not an easy task. However, here we have those dishes which you can prepare easily and will also get finished effortlessly the same day. As for turkey, it’s not necessary that you go for it. You can try fish, pork, chicken, etc.; nevertheless, if you really want your Thanksgiving to be traditional then you can opt for turkey breasts or legs. There are some dishes, which can be preserved for a month long too. Great news indeed…
Roasted sweet potato carrot soup
Sweet potatoes are a good source of beta carotene, which is important for improving vision. The strong taste of ginger makes this soup perfect for an easy Thanksgiving dinner for two.
- 1 small scallion chopped
- 2 peeled sweet potatoes and diced
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1and 1/2 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 and 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped cilantro for garnishing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a saucepan heat oil and sauté onions.
- Add sweet potatoes and carrots and fry them for 10 minutes. You can bake them in pre heated oven too.
- Add vegetable stock, ginger and garlic. Turn off the flame and put the saucepan aside.
- After 10 minutes use your hand blender to blend all the ingredients until a fine paste is formed.
- Again put the pan on high flame and add salt and pepper.
- Bring the soup to boil.
- Serve hot.
Have a look at this video and get another recipe of Sweet potato soup:
Herb Roasted Turkey Breast with Cranberry Sauce
A great alternative for the whole roasted turkey when serving is required for only two people.
- 2 pounds turkey breasts (well usually you get around 6-7pounds of turkey breasts)
- 2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons of herbs (rosemary, sage, thyme, parsley)
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- Pre heat the oven at 350°F.
- Rub the turkey breasts with kosher salt inside as well as outside. Put it for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl put the herb and add olive oil, lemon juice, pepper, garlic, dry mustard and mix well.
- Rub this paste generously on the turkey breast and keep in the oven for the next 1 hour.
- Keep a watch on the meat or it will burn. If the skin is getting burnt, you can wrap it with aluminum foil.
- You can check whether the turkey is done or not by the instant thermometer. If the thermometer gives 165°F when inserted into the thickest area of the breast it means your turkey breast is ready.
- Let it stand for 10 minutes prior to carving and serving.
Have a look at this video and get another recipe of Herb roasted turkey:
Creamy, rich, cheesy lasagna fully loaded with vegetables.
- 6 lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup broccoli heads chopped
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped capsicum
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup frozen spinach washed and drained
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 egg (optional)
- 1/2 can spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Boil water in a pan and add 1 tablespoon salt in it.
- Put your lasagna noodles in the boiling water and cook it for 10 minutes. (Follow the instructions mentioned on the pack).
- In the meanwhile heat oil in a wok and add garlic and 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning.
- Now add onion and sauté it for 3 minutes.
- Add spinach and salt and shallow fry the spinach for 7 minutes (until it becomes dry).
- Add the vegetables and let them cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add pepper and let it cool.
- In a separate bowl take ricotta cheese and add salt, parsley, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Add egg to the mixture and mix well.
- Drain out the lasagna noodles and spread them on aluminum sheets.
- Grease a baking tray which is equal to the width of two lasagna noodles.
- Coat the tray with a little amount of spaghetti sauce.
- Arrange two noodles on it and once again coat it with the sauce.
- Now spread half of the ricotta cheese mixture on it and layer the spinach mixture above it.
- Again arrange two noodles on this and repeat the similar procedure.
- Make the final layer with the noodles and coat them generously with sauce and then the mozzarella cheese.
- Pre heat the oven to 350°F and keep the lasagna for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes in the oven keep your dish for 10 minutes in the broiler for that golden color.
- Your vegetable lasagna is ready.
Have a look at this video and get another recipe of Vegetable lasagna: