Here we have the rest of our dishes recipe:
Arroz Con Pollo
A classic Spanish dish having “rice with chicken”.
- 1 pound chicken pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon sofrito
- 1 cup onions chopped
- 1 cup pimiento or red/green bell peppers chopped
- 1/2 cup alcaparrado
- 1 and 1/2 cups rice
- 1/2 cup tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup peas
- 2 cups Chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- In a bowl take lemon juice, garlic, salt n pepper and marinate the chicken pieces with this for 12 hours or overnight.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan and heat oil in it.
- Add chicken pieces and sauté them for about 10 minutes till they are golden brown in color.
- Take them out in a platter.
- In the same oil add sofrito, alcaparrado and pimiento. If these are not available then you can use onions, garlic, bell peppers. Sauté for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Add peas and tomatoes and sauté again for 2 minutes.
- Now add salt, pepper, oregano, stock and rice.
- Lay the chicken pieces on the top and cover the vessel tightly.
- Let the dish simmer for 30 minutes on medium flame.
- Keep the dish for 10 minutes before removing the cover.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.
Have a look at this video and get another recipe of Arroz con Pollo:
The side dish can be prepared a day ahead as your easy thanksgiving dinner for two.
- 1 pound or ½ pound of Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder
- Salt n black pepper
- 1 tablespoon orange/ lemon juice
- Chopped parsley for garnishing
- Boil 4 cups water and add Brussels sprout.
- Blanch them for about 10 minutes. Drain them out.
- In a pan heat oil and add garlic and ginger powder.
Add Brussels sprouts and sauté them.
Pour the orange/lemon juice and sprinkle salt n pepper.
Garnish with parsley.
Have a look at this video and get another recipe of Brussels sprouts:
A must with your turkey dish
- 10 oz cranberries
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup port
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Rinse the cranberries and add to a pan put on medium to high flame.
- Add sugar, orange juice and port and let it boil until the cranberries start popping.
- Lower the flame and let the mixture simmer until a gelatinous combination is formed.
- Turn off the flame and pour the sauce into a bowl.
- Pour the lemon juice over the sauce but don’t mix it.
Have a look at this video and get another recipe of cranberry sauce:
Here we are aiming at preparing those dishes which are either consumed the same, i.e. the Thanksgiving day because of the smaller amount or can be stored in the freezer for the whole month.
- 2 pie crust 7”diameter
- 2 cups of finely sliced apple
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 1/3 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoon flour
- In a bowl add apples, sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix well.
- Take a glass pie dish and spread one pie crust.
- Coat with butter and pour the apples on it.
- Cover with the second pie crust and fold the edges to make a scalloped edge all the way around.
- Make four slits on the top pie crust for ventilation.
- Pre heat the oven to 425°F.
- Bake the pie for 30 minutes.
- Let it cool for the next 1 hour.
Have a look at this video and get another recipe of Apple pie:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- In a blender beat eggs adding sugar till it becomes thick.
- Now add lemon juice and pumpkin and blend again.
- In a bowl combine baking powder, flour, salt and spices. Add this to the blender.
- Spread this mixture into a 7 by 7 inch jelly roll pan. Bake this in a pre heated oven at 350°F for 15 minutes. Let the sponge cool for the next 15 minutes.
- Take out from the tray and spread it on a paper towel (sprinkled with powdered sugar).
- In a bowl beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla and sugar until smooth.
- Spread the mixture on the sponge and roll with the help of paper towel.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar.
- Put in a plastic bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Serve chilled and sliced.
This dessert can be stored for 10 days.
Have a look at this video and get another recipe of Pumpkin roll: