Want a recipe for vegetarian guests invited for dinner??
Here at www.whattomakefordinner.org we make every effort to get the best and easy vegetarian dinner recipes for you. Below are the few most popular and best rated easy vegetarian dinner recipes which you can prepare for unexpected guests. So now no worries, be ready to get a lot of admiration from your guests as well as your family.
- Chickpea, Pepper and Pine Nut Salad
- Thai Red Curry with Green Beans
- Tangy Asparagus Melts
- Southwest Vegetarian Tofu Pasta
- Spinach Enchiladas
Chickpea, Pepper and Pine Nut Salad
A treat for your taste buds. This dish is a good source of protein and fiber content.
- 15 oz of chickpeas, rinsed and drained.
- 1 diced tomato
- 1 capsicum cut into julienne strips.
- 2 tablespoon almond or soy milk
- 3 scallions cut into julienne strips.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5-6 lettuce leaves for garnishing
- 1 and ½ tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Fresh steamed basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil(extra virgin)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Take a glass bowl and add chickpeas, tomato, capsicum and scallions.
- Add butter, soy milk, garlic (grinded), vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice.
- Mix well until a smooth mixture is formed but don’t crush the chickpeas. Each chickpea should be properly coated with the smooth mixture.
- Add minced basil leaves and mix well.
- Heat a pan and roast pine nuts. Stir continuously otherwise they will burn.
- Add the roasted pine nuts to the mixture.
- Put salt and black pepper according to your taste.
- Garnish with lettuce.
Take a look at this video and get another recipe of Chickpea Salad:
Thai Red Curry Fried Rice with Green Beans
An ideal recipe if you have left over rice.
- 2 cup jasmine rice preferably cooked the previous day as they are drier and absorb flavors easily.
- 20 green beans (French beans)
- 1 carrot diced.
- Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper diced.
- 1 green bell pepper diced.
- 1 onion diced.
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons peanuts roasted
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- Thai Basil / cilantro/ mint leaves for garnishing
- Put a wok on high flame and add oil.
- Add onion and sauté until it becomes translucent.
- Now add the vegetables (bell peppers, carrot, green beans).
- In another sauce pan put Thai red curry paste add both the soy sauces and two tablespoon water. Mix well together until a fine paste is made.
- Add this mixture to the vegetables and cook them for 1 minute.
- Now add the rice and mix well.
- Sprinkle salt according to your taste.
- You can add some peanuts to give a crispy flavor to your fried rice.
- Garnish with chopped Thai Basil / cilantro/ mint leaves.
Take a look at this video and get another recipe of Fried rice:
Tangy Asparagus Melts
A really tangy and tasty sandwich…which dripping cheese, so keep your napkins ready.
- Bunch of fresh asparagus spears
- 1 small onion
- 1 tomato diced.
- 4 – 6 veggie slices, vegan Mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons white horseradish
- 4 tablespoon vegenaise
- 3 roasted red peppers
- 1 tablespoon brown horseradish mustard
- 2 French rolls (baguette)
- Wash and break the ends of asparagus and put them in boiling water for 6 minutes. Ensure that they don’t get over-cooked and should be crisp.
Rinse with cold water.
- In a bowl mix vegenaise, horse radish and mustard.
- Slit the baguette into two slices and again cut them length wise in order to get four pieces.
- Spread the vegenaise sauce evenly on each of them.
- Now place asparagus spears on them.
- Top them with roasted peppers and onion and tomato.
- Arrange the veggie slices on the sandwiches.
- Put them for 4 minutes in a pre heated oven until the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
Southwest Vegetarian Tofu Pasta
A really healthy soy protein dish.
- 1 family pack of pasta
- 14 oz of fried tofu
- 1 sliced red bell pepper.
- 1 sliced green bell pepper.
- 1 sliced yellow bell pepper.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion sliced.
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of dried herbs
- 1 Green chilly
- Salt to taste
- Red chili flakes
- Olive oil
- Shredded parmesan cheese/ sour cream
- Take a pan and add one tablespoon olive oil.
- Put red chili flakes and dried herbs.
- Now add the onion slices and sauté until it becomes semi-transparent.
- Now add the colorful bell peppers and cook them for 8 minutes. And then add the fried tofu. Add salt to taste.
- In the meanwhile pour the pasta in 8 cups of boiling water. Add a pinch of salt and olive oil and boil it for the next 7 minutes. Make sure that the pasta does not become too soggy.
- In another wok heat one tablespoon olive oil and add mashed garlic. Now add the tomato pulp and mix well.
- Add the fried veggies to this tomato pulp and mix well.
- Now put the drained pasta in the veggies and mix properly.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese or sour cream.
- Your southwest tofu pasta is ready.
Take a look at this video and get another recipe of Vegetarian Tofu Pasta:
If you like Mexican food then you are definitely going to love this dish. This healthy dish is a good way of making the kids have spinach.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup green onions sliced.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 10 oz of chopped spinach (thawed, drained and squeezed dry)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 5 (10 inch) corn tortillas
- Heat butter in a wok and add minced garlic.
- Add onions and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Now add the spinach and green onions and mix well. Take this mixture off the flame.
- Add half portions of both the cheese in the mixture and mix.
- Take a tortilla and put 1/4 cup of this mixture at the center and roll. Repeat the process with the other tortillas.
- Grease a baking dish and put the prepared tortillas in it.
- Pour sour cream over the tortillas and sprinkle the left cheese.
- Bake the dish in the pre heated oven for 20 minutes until the cheese gets brown and the sour cream starts bubbling.
Take a look at this video and get another recipe of Spniach Enchiladas: