A three-year-old gave this reaction to her Christmas dinner: “I don’t like the turkey, but I like the bread he ate.” ~Author Unknown
With Christmas time around you would be searching for Christmas dinner ideas. Going through this article would help you to get few suggestions on what to make for Christmas dinner.
Sesame Chicken Wings
A super appetizer for your Christmas gathering.
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1/3 cup of finely chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients except chicken and sesame seeds.
- Marinate the chicken wings by putting the pieces in the mixture for 2 hours.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds after taking out the wings from the marinade bowl.
- Grill the pieces for 30 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot.
Take a look at this video and get another recipe of sesame chicken wings:
Spicy Cheese Dips
A yummy dip to be served with your favorite nachos
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup jack cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup finely grated shallots
- Salt n pepper
- 2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 oz of cream cheese
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Transfer the mixture in a casserole dish and bake it in an oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with your nachos.
Take a look at this video and get another recipe of spicy cheese dip:
Standing Rib Roast
An authentic Christmas main course.
- 7lb standing rib roast
- 5 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tablespoon thyme and rosemary
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt n pepper
- In a bowl mix garlic, thyme, rosemary, parsley, soy sauce, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Brush the standing rib roast with this mixture and let it stand for 4 hours or refrigerate overnight.
- Pre heat the oven at 450°F.
- In a baking tray place the rib roast on a rack with vegetable below in the baking dish.
- Put it in the broiler for 10 minutes.
- Now reduce the heat to 350°F and bake for 1.5 hours.
- Keep the juice in the baking tray with the vegetables for another beef recipe.
- Let it cool for 15 minutes after wrapping with an aluminum foil.
- Transfer the rib roast to a cutting board and carve it into thin slices.
Take a look at this video and get another recipe of standing rib roast:
Turkey Pot Pie
An awesome dish made up of turkey meat and mixed vegetables.
- 3 cups shredded turkey
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 unbaked pastry (pie crusts)
- 2 cups turkey broth
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- Salt n pepper
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg for coating
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoon all purpose flour
- In a casserole dish heat butter.
- Sauté onions till translucent.
- Now add the vegetables and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and mix until the vegetables get properly coated.
- Throw in the shredded turkey and parsley.
- Pour the turkey broth and add salt n pepper. Mix well.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Take a baking tray and spread the pastry (pie crust) on it.
- Pour the turkey mixture on it.
- Add the cheese.
- Cover with another pastry and shape it with cookie cutter.
- With the help of pastry brush, coat it with egg.
- Make 3 – 4 slits on the top pie crust in order to release the steam.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 425°F for 30 minutes.
Take a look at this video and get another recipe of turkey pot pie:
What else could be more tempting!!!
- 1 cups pecan halved
- 3 cups pecans halved for grinding
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 9” pie sheet
- Roast the pecan halves for 10 minutes in a baking dish.
- Cool and grind into a coarse powder.
- In a baking dish unroll the pie crust and refrigerate for 30 minutes till it sets.
- Line the pie crust with aluminum foil and pour in the pie weights.
- Bake it for 7 minutes. Remove the weights and bake again for 6 minutes till the crust becomes light golden.
- In a bowl add corn syrup, melted butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Whisk well until the sugar dissolves.
- Stir in the coarse pecans and another pecan halves.
- Pour this mixture into the baked pie crust.
- Bake this in a pre heated oven at 300°F for 40 minutes.
- Let it cool for 1 hour.
Take a look at this video and get another recipe of pecan pie:
Hot Buttered Rum Mix
The most preferred Christmas drink.
- 3 butter sticks
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 short rum
- Hot water
- In a bowl add butter, confectioner’s sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg powder and mix with a blender.
- Add softened ice cream and again whisk with the blender.
- Pour the contents in a flat bottomed dish and put in the freezer for 2 hours.
- In a glass pour the rum and add 2 tablespoons of the ice cream.
- Now add 1/3 or ¼ cup of hot water.
- Mix and serve.
Take a look at this video and get another recipe of hot buttered rum mix: