Have ground turkey as your Thanksgiving leftover?? Don’t worry here we have few recipes which answer your question what to make for dinner with ground turkey.
- Asian Meatballs with Lime Sesame Dipping Sauce
- Ground Turkey Laap
- Cheeseburger Skillet Dinner
- Hearty Dinner Casserole
- Ground Turkey and Peppers
Asian Meatballs with Lime Sesame Dipping Sauce
These are delicate turkey meatballs and Asian-inspired veal which different from their Italian counterpart — however, they too are as moist and irresistible as them.
- 3/4 pound ground turkey
- 3/4 pound ground veal
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 fine bread crumbs roasted
- 1 egg beaten
- 4 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 4 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup canned sliced water chestnut
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Pre heat the oven at 500°F.
- In a bowl take bread crumbs and add milk. Mix till milk is absorbed.
- Add eggs, meat, 2 tablespoon oil, scallions, green chili, ginger, garlic, salt,3 tablespoon soy sauce, cilantro and water chestnut and mix well with your hands.
- Take 3 tablespoons in hands and make balls of it.
- Arrange these balls in a greased baking tray.
- Put the tray in the oven for 15 minutes.
- In the meanwhile we can prepare the dipping sauce for which we need to mix lime juice, 2 tablespoon water, sugar, soy sauce and oil.
- Mix till the sugar gets dissolved.
- Serve the turkey meat balls with dipping sauce.
- Garnish with cilantro.
Ground Turkey Laap
This is basically a thai dish consisting of ground turkey, lime juice, fresh herbs and fish sauce.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon rice uncooked
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Fish sauce
- Salt n pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 tablespoon red pepper crushed
- 1 shallot cut finely and rings separated
- 1/2 cup scallions chopped
- Belgian endive leaves for garnishing
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a skillet and fry rice in it till golden brown.
- After cooling for 10 minutes put them in a grinder and powder them.
- In the same skillet add oil and fry turkey till the pink color goes.
- Add the chicken stock and let it bubble.
- Turn off the flame and pour the fish sauce.
- Add scallions, shallots, cilantro, lemon juice, red pepper, salt and pepper.
- Add rice powder and mix well.
- Garnish with Belgian endive leaves.
Cheeseburger Skillet Dinner
An easy recipe in which you can use the leftovers.
- 5oz macaroni
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 15 oz of frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrots
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Salt n pepper
- Boil 3 cups water and cook macaroni in it for about 7 minutes.
- In a skillet pour the vegetable oil and add the ground turkey.
- Fry till the oink color goes.
- Add the vegetables, mustard and garlic.
- Drain the macaroni and throw it in the skillet.
- Add salt n pepper and ketchup.
- Add the shredded cheese and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Have a look at this video and get another recipe of cheeseburger skillet:
Hearty Dinner Casserole
- 20 oz of ground turkey
- 10oz of frozen vegetables (peas, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli)
- 2 large potatoes finely sliced
- 1 can of tomato soup
- 2 tablespoon minced onions
- In a microwave proof casserole add crumbled ground turkey.
- Sprinkle the frozen vegetables and minced onions.
- Pour the tomato soup and also add potatoes.
- Cover the casserole and microwave on medium power ( 50%) for 15 minutes.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Have a look at this video and get another recipe of Turkey hot pot pie
Ground Turkey and Peppers
A good recipe to make use of your leftover ground turkey.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onions
- Olive oil
- 1 chopped bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Red chili powder
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- In a skillet pour in 1 tablespoon of oil and sauté onions and bell peppers in it.
- Add garlic and fry for the next 30 seconds. Put this aside.
- Take another skillet and add 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Throw in the ground turkey and fry it till the pink color goes.
- Now add the onions and bell peppers.
- Add salt and chili and mix well.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.
Have a look at this video and get another recipe of Stuffed bell peppers: